photos

check out my flickr account for photos.

spent the last couple of days hanging out at ywam arusha. had a great time there. the speaker was korean and i had a little trouble understanding his english, but it was good teaching. they have hot showers (we don't at my base!). and they had a normal toilet, not squat pots like us. and they have many international students.

i remember standing in jasper methodist churh last sunday thinking, 'wonder what my next worship service will look like?' now i know. it was more similar than i had thought. just a bit more dancing, that's pretty much the different. song, announcements, preaching, song, more announcements. this is where i was. gotta love that gps! the weather there is very different than the weather at my base. their weather is 10 degrees cooler, and it rained for a few minutes. it's very green there, too. my base is very dry and very little green.

tomorrow i get to learn how to do my own laundry at the outdoor faucet. looking forward to that. (i may not love laundry as much as i do when i return to the States!)

last night was my first good night of sleep, even though i didn't fall asleep until 2.30. i slept until 9 this morning. it felt so good. it feels like i'm finally getting over my jet lag, but the dogs bark all the time during the night. then the birds start their singing around 5.30. most of the time people here on base are in bed around 9 - but they are getting up around 6. saves electricty that way.

class begins tomorrow, so many of the other students will be arriving today. i've met one man from kenya already. he speaks english well. bonus! looking forward to starting class and getting on a more regular schedule. that will take out some of the boredom.

2 comments:

L and P said...

These kids are so cute! Do they live at your base?

Loving the accounts and Paul really likes the GPS links!

Laura and Paul

Shari said...

Birds- that's funny- you hate birds. Remember that late night/cold morning in the tent on your friend Tricia's lawn? My word to you was this- you better get used to birds chirping! Who knew? I did! :) I love you Tan.