Friends

had a great night with a friend of mine who introduced me to geocaching. she's one of those people who is just 'like-able'. she's easy to talk with, lives simply, makes herself available, etc. she doesn't try to be someone who she isn't. and her husband is so cool, too. somehow i've managed to meet many of their friends, even tho i've only been around them about 4 times. as a couple they seem to attract people. from the minute i spoke with these people, they invited me into their lives with reckless abandon. they didn't know me, and i didn't know them, but they invited me to a cook-out. i went, and it's all down hill from there. they've been a great example for me, and i'm grateful for our friendship.

so i have friends calling me in the middle of night, checking up to see if i've accomplished my daily 'challenge'. it's getting a bit out of hand, don't you think, kimberly? oh well, i love it that people are getting on board. and yes, i did clean out the inside of my car last night. :)

today's challenge: send out a mass email, letting people know what's been going on in your world, and something you are thankful for. (i'm looking forward to getting some emails!)

'i'm ready to go.' --that seems to be my recurring thought lately. i'm ready. 2 weeks from today. ready for the warm weather - ready for the change in culture - ready to get on african soil - ready to pursue a different life. bring it on. 'until you find something worth dying for, you aren't really living.' ...this is what i've found worth dying for.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 weeks from today? freak!
(cue pit in my stomach and tears welling up in my eyes)

Shari said...

No 'cue-ing'!! That makes me want to cry even more. In light of recent circumstances- I love your last thought. It's encouraging.

There's a sense of grieving mixed in with my excitement that I'm not really through yet....cue sackcloth.

And I'm all about the daily challenges- but I worry I don't have time for them all on a daily basis.

The mass email might take some time...

tiffany beaver said...

i'm SO hooked on geocaching! i have a GPS and everything! are there any geocaches in tanzania? that would be AMAZING!