Late Night

while laying awake at 12.30 with my mind racing, i realized that all this tea that i drink has a poor effect on me. and the tea is made by pooring the grounds into the boiling pot. so the bottom of your cup is filled with grounds - that's the part you are to chew on. who knew? not me, but i'm learning.

today is my first day of class. i'm really excited to get started on the material, and meet more people. the schedule is pretty typical. breakfast with tea, then quiet time, then praise and worship, then tea, then lecture, then lunch with tea, then lecture, then tea, then small group, then dinner with tea, then lecture, then to bed.

well sitting at the breakfast table eating my bread and tea in silence - people weren't very chatty today - i began to think about those verses which speak of bread. the 'our father' says, 'give us our daily bread'. let me tell you something about daily bread - when that's all you get, it's pretty important! but the Jesus goes on to say 'we don't live on bread alone, but on the word of God'. so that is what i'm been thinking about during this quiet time.Today's Challenge: go out of your way to say hello to someone today. let them know that they matter, even if it's someone you'll never meet again. just saying 'hello' can mean the world to someone.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll meet that challenge. I am bound to run into a few people I don't know as I go to 3 different towns today. Glad you were able to figure out the tea thing.
God Bless,
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Hey Tanya! So....it's tea this and tea that! No wonder you can't sleep! Hope you have a good first day in training! We miss you!
Love ya,
Patsy C.

L and P said...

Sitting here drinking a tea (Lemon Ginger) and thinking of you. Is it one type of tea or many? Herbal or caffinated? A tea toast to you and Africa!

Megan Strange: said...

Hey Tanya
It's exciting to hear how God is working in you and through you. I've been praying for you and am looking forward to hearing more about Tanzania!
Megan Strange

Anonymous said...

For the record, I met the challenge before I even read it. All that tea sounds very British. Perhaps the caffiene is contributing to your lack of sleeping ability. I'm continuing to pray for you... And I miss you!

Anonymous said...

Tanya, I'm so proud of you...and happy to read that you're still finding everything so exciting. (bumpy roads, crowded buses, chewing on tea grounds) You're a nut! I'm thinking of you sooo often and lifting you up in my prayers. The pictures of the little ones are too precious. I know that God is going to bless you with quick learning of the language and is using you for his glory! Take care of you.
Love ya,
Jua

Anonymous said...

It is fun to hear of your experiences and I can picture them so clearly with your descriptions. We continue to pray for your health, strenth and spirit. Linda Ruste