Packing and Good-byes
it's been a whirlwind today. got up pretty early and knocked out several loads of laundry. visited the health clinic for my last shots. visited the dmv to have my license renewed. had a delightful lunch with 2 good friends. now i'm closing down my computer, packing all my belongings, and clearing out my bedroom.

so tomorrow is the big day. my flight leaves at 5.20 pm. I'll arriving in kilimanjaro around 9 pm (their time)on the 22nd - that's about 1 pm atlanta time. there's so much emotion involved in a this little departure!

tricia is making a farewell dinner for denise and i, then lacey and jolie are coming over for dessert. then tomorrow the reality will kick in and i'll be a mess. a mess on a mission!

Today's Challenge: take a walk and enjoy the brisk day. maybe you can throw in a little prayer of thanks, too. not sure how long it will be until i can update next, so this may be the challenge for weeks. who knows?

until next time....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On my way home tonigtht from saying goodbye I cried. My thoughts went straight to thanking God for you and Denise and Steven.You ALL are true examples of The Light of Christ. I do believe God works through you. Safe travels and God Speed to you.