The Mother Land

What a ride! where i do start? well, last friday afternoon shottie asked me if i would be her show-and-tell for a confirmation retreat near covington. it sounded like an adventure, so of course i went! the conversations on the drive over were great. the 'worship service' was pretty entertaining. best prize to be given out during 'worship': silly sting. then comes saturday morning. shottie originally was asked to offer a message about missions/service, and this is where i came into the picture. so shottie gave me opportunity to speak of this beautiful adventure. overall i think it went pretty well. the students were very attentive and seem genuinely interested.

so sunday comes around, back in j-town, eating lunch at a local mexican joint, and shottie's phone rings. it's mike, one of the guys who helped to host the confirmation retreat. he told her that the students and volunteers had taken up an offering and had decided to give the money to me for my beautiful adventure. bring on the flood of tears! it's amazing to me how God fills in the gaps. He prompted shottie to ask me to the retreat. He had opened up my schedule so i would be free. He prepared those students and volunteers to listen and to serve. He guided that decision to give the donations to me. how amazing is that!

Daily Challenge: when you see a little child today, smile at him/her, and see if he/she smiles back. then pray for that little kid.

one of the techs came into my office earlier today. he's of african american descent. he said, 'so i hear you're traveling to the mother land.' i smiled and said, 'yes, yes i am going to the mother land.'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is so good. Thank you for the witness you are.

Shari said...

'the mother land'....that cracks me up. i enjoyed the conversation late night on Friday! 8 days.