Today is the Day

so today is the day - thursday - the day i've been expecting God to do something extraordinary. me, a self-proclaimed prophet, thinks that today will be an amazing revelation of God's mercy, grace and compassion. i woke up in a great mood, talking with my Father about what He has in store for this day. i can barely wait to look back at the end of this day and see the greatness of God. i know that i know that i know something will be revealed today.

maybe desert oak will sell 2 houses today. maybe troy will be offered a position which allows him to be home every night. maybe God will speak into my heart a message which i've been dying to understand. maybe derrick will come to know Christ in a personal way on this day. maybe Jesus will return. or maybe someone would offer to play guitar at our wedding. maybe my parents will call with some amazing news of some wonderful happening in their lives. maybe troy's parents will call with some amazing news. or maybe michael and alex will call with some great news. or i'll get an email from someone from a far away country who has received a message for the Lord.

i don't know what is going to happen, but i know that something will. i'm convinced. truly, it's going to be an amazing day.

[amazing Father,
what a beautiful morning You've already shown to me. the lovely sunrise reminded me of your faithfulness. and by waking me up early to talk with you proves that You care deeply for me - desiring for me to be in Your presence. thanks for desiring my affection and love. You truly make me feel loved and accepted, wanted and needed. Your light is about to break, and i'm waiting for You. early in the morning i call out to you, my God, and wait in expectation. may Your revelation fall fresh upon us. come, Lord Jesus, and make Yourself known among Your people. i worship You with everything within me, while releasing the selfishness/crudeness/hurt/negative thoughts. today, as i desire a blessing, i'm begging and searching for You to move.
in Your precious and holy name, amen.]

as i've been sitting here this morning - there are 2 morning doves perched outside my window. oh the wonders of God never cease to amaze me.

2 comments:

Shari said...

so? what happened?

Anonymous said...

no sales :(