something about a song

so i was in the car with michael and alex on saturday. troy had run into mcdonald's to get some healthy food (double cheeseburger kids meal) for alex. a song came on the radio and the boys both started to sing it. let me list the chorus for you:

I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
I had to fall
to lose it all
But in the end
It doesn't even matter

then today, i'm sitting in my office and one of my co-worker's phone starts to play that song as the ringtone. unfortunately it was his wife calling. hmmm. wonder how she enjoys her ringtone?

i realize that people listen to music they can relate to. so i'm wondering what an eight year old and an eleven year can relate to in that song? i'm sure they both would be willing to tell me if i were to ask.

troy, now i'm going to be checking often which song you have saved as my ringtone. so far this song is what he has for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wrapped around the finger? is that what i'm singing at the wedding?

Anonymous said...

Tanya, that is the most adorable thing ever. I'm pretty sure Troy ought to be my new best friend.