Blogging Life

a comment from last weekend that has made me laugh:
troy says to his brother-in-law, adam: 'you're just saying that so you can read about it on Tanya's blog this week.'

had another intriguing session of pre-marital counseling last weekend. troy and i have 8 of the 10 characteristics in common, but the 2 that are different are very different. he's a sensing/feeling kinda guy... and well, i'm just un-sensing and un-feeling. (that's a little extreme, but that's kinda what came out of the counseling.) the other one is that i'm more dominant than troy, but i don't see that quite as severely as what the scale mentioned. the good thing about it is that troy and i have already noticed these differences and have discussed them. so this week i'm making note of times when i'm inconsiderate/uncaring/unsympathetic/rude/uncouth/controlling. so far i've learned that it's easiest to be unsympathetic with my friends. they bring out that 'best' in me i guess. (ps. thanks kimberly for telling troy that you are more unsympathetic than me - that's great!)

denise is telling me that troy needs to read some book, and troy is telling me that denise needs to read some book. joy. i need to read both of those books to see what the crap they say about parenting. i'm just afraid it's gonna be a tough love book versus a tender love book. after these two counseling sessions, i'm seeing how the differences in personality affect parenting styles.

last weekend we went out to eat with four kids. three of them dumped their sweet tea. i thought about dumping mine because it would've been fun, but refrained. oh to be a kid again. i love eating out with my 'to-be-in-laws' - it's always an adventure filled with great conversation and entertainment.

in a month my company will be switching insurance providers. i'm looking forward to that change.

there's a nascar race in atlanta this weekend and the high on race day is about 48°. sorry, kimberly, don't think we want to attend that race. plan on the october race.

i'm looking forward to easter.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tanya, I enjoy the way your mind works.

Anonymous said...

i'm wondering what those books are?? when you find out, let me know...

Anonymous said...

Did I tell you how much I really wish I was going to that race in ATL this weekend??!?!?!