Good Eats

i'm a pathetic cook. i will freely admit that to the world and beyond. i'm an 'instant gratification' kind of eater. i'll give you money and you bring me food. just ask denise. i normally have to hired her to prepare food for me when we have a potluck at work. she makes a killer 'Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding'. (whoops, guess i might've given away her secret. sorry d.) oh and she has this recipe for sloppy joes that is out of this world!

so now that you know that about me, let me introduce you to troy. he has great passion for baking and cooking. (i'm convinced that this is a divine gift to me!) so troy and i went to the grocer last night and picked up some items for dinner. this is what troy created for dinner: bowtie pasta with crushed red pepper alfredo sauce, a slice of salmon with butter and brown sugar, roasted potatoes with rosemary, and salad with cucumber ranch dressing. i think i may be bragging... he hee. it was amazing. (do i need to go into detail about how troy set off the fire alarm in my apartment building not once, but twice, during his preparation? i'm a little jealous, because due to the blaring alarm he had opportunity to meet my neighbors which i haven't accomplished in 5 months. my concern was that we were about to meet the friendly canton fire department, but they didn't come.) oh the great memories.

for the record, i wouldn't think of making that type of food. if i'm cooking at home, my menu consists of pb&j sandwich, fried egg sandwich, cereal, or my most famous 'hot dog, tortilla, and cheese' combo. i've had 3 boxes of hamburger helper in my pantry since Christmas when my parents went grocery shopping for me, and i've not thought of making those. that's far too much work for me. i'm just sayin', i'm a pathetic cook. eating is more of a social event for me. if i can't eat with people, then i really don't care what (or if) i eat. that's mostly why i like going out for lunch with friends during my work day.

sometimes i wonder if troy thinks he's going to change my cooking habits? we'll see. good luck with that one, troy, denise has been trying to teach me how to cook for 6+ years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You make the best dinner reservations of anyone I know.
Love you...Troy