Swimming at the Kia Lodge

the joy of weekends! it's saturday and i traveled [nilisafiri] with the hall family to the pool at the kia lodge. (i tried [nilijaribu] to find [tuziua] the cost of one night [usiku moya],but i didn't see [sikuona] anything listed on the internet. to swim at the pool was $2.50.) the water had some type of soap in it, so we had a lovely bubble bath! again i received a bit of a sunburn, this time on my legs [miguu]. one day [siku moya] i may remember to wear sunscreen on all [wote] parts of my body [mwili].

after we got back from the swimming adventure it was time for dinner - typical makande, with bonus rice [wali] on the side! very exciting to have a change. but anyway, while i was standing [nilisimama] in line to get my food, i realized that my arms [mikono] are really tan... but my legs [miguu] are still super white (now pink!).

i didn't get my laundry [ufuaji] completed today [leo] due to the outing! probably tomorrow [kesho] i'll need to at least rinse out my clothes that are soaking in the bucket of water [maji], but i try not to do my work [kasi] on sunday due to the sabbath.

had a great talk with japheth tonight. he's the other (fluent) english speaking student going thru the DTS program. i really respect him for who he is and his desire to see people change for the better. Jesus has placed a burning desire within japheth to see others come to know Christ. i really enjoy speaking with him, and hearing his thoughts about life. miriam is a blessed lady to have japheth as her boyfriend.

No comments: