Another Lesson

so i was typing a letter to a friend and stepped upon my soap box. the following is my rant:

our theme for our class this week is the Holy Spirit. we've only had one lecture, but so far it's been really good. the speaker speaks in english with a very heavy african accent. i'm learning to decipher african/english... it's sometimes a challenge. looking forward to what God will say through the messages. each week has provided me with great knowledge and challenges to lay down more of my life. it's been a wild ride. one doesn't have any clue how incredibly selfish they are until they are put into a situation with people who have nothing. then the lines between what's mine and yours are erased and everything becomes ours. this lesson is taking it's toll on me. during my qt this morning, this verse jumped out: [2 cor 8.14 At the present time your plenty will supply what they need, so that in turn their plenty will supply what you need. Then there will be equality.] this 'equality' is quite difficult and painful. i want to have my own things. i want to buy a coke and drink the entire thing myself. i want to buy a candy bar and eat the whole thing. i want to have ice cream without having to feel guilty because i have money to buy it. (those are examples!) what i'm realizing is that all these examples are my selfishness shining its ugly head.

No comments: