Another Letter

to all my faithful readers and prayer supporters: here is a letter to you. I'm trying to figure out a better way than a .jpg, but for now this will have to work.

congrats to my friends, allison and alex, on the arrival of their daughter! can't wait to see some pictures of her.

it's taken me 3 weeks to settle into life here at the base. i'm finally ok with not having all the appliances which make life so much easier. there are still some things which i'm getting used to, like having to take my toilet paper to the restroom with me, because it's not available in the bathroom. cold showers are slowly growing on me, and in the hot afternoons, they actually feel pretty good. i'm loving the view of the mountains and am relaxing with the people whom i live. even though we don't speak the same language, our lives are slowly being intertwined. this a beautiful thing.

i'm been spending a lot of time on the internet the last couple of days, partly because the internet was repaired, and partly so i could learn some more swahili, but next week i'm going to make a conscious effort to not spend as much time on here. so if you don't get many updates, i'm sorry, but they will return.

it's 12.10 on saturday morning and i'm still awake; gonna regret this when my roommates start mopping the floor at 5.30. oh well, life is short and i'm learning to pray hard. :)

i pray for all of you, 'May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.' (romans 15.13)

No comments: