Less than 2 months

so yesterday was the 2 month marker. that's amazing to me and i have 10% of my financial support raised. this is reason to celebrate! (see me dancing like an idiot!) each day i can feel the momentum speeding up, like when you begin the initial climb on a rollercoaster, with the clang-clang-clang noise while rising higher and higher - knowing full well that your breath will be taken away the moment you reach the top!

i've not had much time lately to read my Bible. well, to be honest, i've not made it a priority. excuses: having company for a week, celebrating Christmas, starting to pack for a trip, sudoku, etc. ... all excuses with no weight. since i leave for south dakota tomorrow, there's not much time for relaxing. when visiting SD, seldom do i get to sleep, let alone have time to relax. another factor is that my nephews are visiting, and since i've not seen them for several years, i'm sure that i'll be spending most of my time with them. but again, those are all excuses. so i'm trying to prepare myself to make time to hang out with Jesus. lack of time with Jesus equals a cluttered mind.

it's a beautiful day today. i have glittery snowflakes hung on my window, and the light reflecting from the snowflakes looks like diamonds. makes me think of the sea of glass which John saw.

And I saw what looked like a sea of glass mixed with fire and, standing beside the sea, those who had been victorious over the beast and his image and over the number of his name. They held harps given them by God and sang the song of Moses the servant of God and the song of the Lamb:

"Great and marvelous are your deeds,
Lord God Almighty.
Just and true are your ways,
King of the ages.
Who will not fear you, O Lord,
and bring glory to your name?
For you alone are holy.
All nations will come
and worship before you,
for your righteous acts have been revealed."
revalation 15.2-4

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

2 excuses for everything? i'm right there with ya.