81 Days

i had lunch today w/ my manager. we got on the subject of giving blood, which led to her mentioning that she can't give blood because she had hepatitis a, which led to me say i have to get hep a + b shots because i'm planning a trip to Africa. then she got really curious about it... and i had to quickly switch subjects because i'm not sure that it's time yet for me to tell my boss that i'm planning on moving to Africa in 3 months. so when do i tell them? i've mentioned to them in the past that my life's ambition is to be a missionary in east Africa.

so today i'm praying for the right time to tell them. I've been telling others about my beautiful adventure. it's still odd to me that i'm telling others about moving to Africa in 3 months, when the reality hasn't quite settled into me yet. it's still foreign, as tho i'm dreaming this up. there are some people whom I need tell before they receive my Christmas/support letter. so i'm gonna try to get ahold of them tonight before my daily trip to the gym. Lacey is keeping me accountable to the gym. that's a good thing.

denise and shottie both have acquired new kids from Compassion Int'l. Shottie has a little girl named Furaha (which means 'joy' or 'rejoicing' in swahili), and denise has a little girl named Miriam. both of these adopted kiddos live in Tanzania, not far from dodoma. Dodoma is a bit south of kilimanjaro, but there may be opportunity for me to go and see these kids. What a treat that would be! Also, after speaking w/ 2 friends, i'm convinced that i'm supposed to continue to have Flora as my little girl. I'm really looking forward to getting to meet her.

No comments: