80 Days

denise introduced me to this song this morning:
God Come by Shane & Shane


Come meet us
King Jesus
Oh wind of change
Blow through the temple

Sweet Spirit of God
Come mend our hearts
For all we have are songs
Unless You come

Awaken what's inside of me
Tune my heart to all You are in me
Even though You're here
God come

May the vision of You be the death of me
And even though You've given everything
Jesus come

Here we are, Lord
In this place
Crying out for
Your embrace

To hear Your voice, God
More than songs
Please come...

if you want to listen to a rough draft, you can open this page:
rough draft. The line about 'awaken what's inside of me' gets me. far too often i fail to recognize that He who is in me is greater than he who is in the world. and the Christ, who abides in me, desires for me to abide in Him. again i'm reminded of my favorite Christmas song:
O holy Child of Bethlehem, descend to us, we pray;
Cast out our sin, and enter in, be born in us today.
We hear the Christmas angels the great glad tidings tell;
O come to us, abide with us, our Lord Emmanuel!

1 comment:

L and P said...

Tanya,

We are so excited--I have been waiting years to hear you say "in 2 months I will be in Africa". Praying each time you and/or Africa come to mind

L