y i <3 cvs

just got back from cvs. i absolutely love that store. it is by far, hands down, my favorite store in the whole world. i feel like the world's greatest shopper every time i walk out of that store. it's amazing. troy loves getting my call after my cvs trips. you should ask him how much he loves my calls after my shopping excursions to cvs.

allow me to explain the reason for my deep devotion to cvs.

below is a photo of the items i purchased this evening.


let me list the items with their sale prices:
dawn dish soap (.88)
one bottle of gillette shower wash (3.99)
2 bottles of pert plus shampoo (b1g1 @ 3.69)
crest toothpaste (2.49)
oral b toothbrush (2.49)
2 types of covergirl foundation (b1g1 @ 7.99)
2 bottles of women's multi vitamins (b1g1 @ 8.99)

how much do you think you should pay for all these items? i'm not going to add up the original cost of all of them, but i would guess somewhere around 40 bucks.

see the following receipt for what i paid:

ok, so you might see all those coupons taken off. those are all from this week's ads from the sunday paper and some extra care bucks coupons from the cvs store. what you can't see from the receipt is that is says today you saved $44.92.

but wait! there's more.
at the bottom of my receipt i have some extra care bucks for $3 off my next purchase and a coupon for some free chapblock. in sunday's paper is a mail in rebate for the pert plus. if i were to spend $5 for pert plus, i will receive $5 rebate. (not sure they will accept this deal, because i haven't spent $5 yet, so i'll need to buy 2 more bottles (minus a $2 coupon from the paper).
so that deal after mail in rebate, after coupons, after store sale will be:
4 bottles of pert plus for
3.69 x 2 = 7.38
minus 2 $2 off coupons = 3.38
minus the $5 rebate
= 4 bottles of pert plus and $1.62 in my pocket.

so in all reality , i spent less than $11 for the whole lot of items. dont you want to run to cvs for some shopping?

No comments: