Oddities

seems odd to me that 1/2 way across the world there is a war. the people in georgia and russia seem to be brawling. i don't even know what a war of that calibre would be like. yet, i know what it feels like to have dissension. i'm not really comparing the two, but there is great hurt involved in both types. i was reading an article on cnn about that war. i see that the georgians are pulling their troops from iraq in order to battle on the home front. that's rough. yet, there has to be a reason for it all: freedom.

people fight for freedom. freedom is not free. i have said that phrase many times, and i may go to my grave saying that. the freedom that i receive from Christ on a daily basis comes at a price. there was a great sacrifice, involving a life, two thousand years ago. yesterday during church i was reminded of that. the sacrifice was because of something i was bound to - something which ruled my life and held me captive. if i return to those things which oppressed me, i might as well tell Christ that His sacrifice wasn't enough. so am i living a life which displays freedom? or am i living a life like a defeated person who has no hope that tomorrow shall be better than today? am i living a life which is aiming at perfection, or i am failing to live up to the life Christ calls me to live? are there sins in my life which i have become accustom to live with - and i justify them because they make me feel good? for these sins, am i seeking God's guidance, and am i asking friends to hold me accountable to stay on the straight and narrow?am i being honest with my husband about the way i feel, or am i holding back in fear that i may hurt his feelings?

troy and i have been married 3 months now. it's been a great 3 months. we have had some trying times, but overall the transition from singleness to married wife has been quite smooth. troy has definitely made it easy to fall into that married roll. our biggest trials involved parenting styles and money. big surprise there, huh?

i'm getting a little tired of steve fee's song, lift high. when are the broken people going to realize that they are made whole in Christ? how many times do i need to lift up my head in order to realize that my chains are undone and my ransom paid? just curious.

went to a certain church yesterday. wasn't so impressed. neither troy nor i were ever spoken to by anyone throughout their entire service. i need a friendly church - somewhere i feel wanted and welcomed. i may be the exception to the rule, but i like those 'meet and greet' moments during church when someone is nearly required to say, 'hello' to me.

No comments: