Truth Like a Knife

sometimes the truth cuts like a knife... deep and painful.

this post may end up being a myriad of thoughts - mangled together like a cup of goulash.

since i've been married, i've learned that i have a tons of pet peeves - i knew i had them before, but they come out more when people are intimately involved in my life. this one: i like clean floors. i like to walk around the house barefooted on clean carpet and linoleum. i dislike sticky/chunky/messy floors. walking thru the sticky kitchen floor makes me irritated. stepping on crunchy cereal and those crunchy noodles while walking across the carpet gets my goat. (i need all hardwood floors.)

so i lost it this weekend. troy got more than an earful - i broke his heart and started his sunday morning off in a terrible way. (guess i wanted to share the misery.)

with that being said, troy and i are still making up. guess it was our first argument which amounted to me telling my thoughts and troy getting hurt. i don't like me when i behave that way. proof that i need grace in a bad way. i'm so grateful for my husband who offers grace freely.

[my God,
some times life gets messy. proverbs 27.6 says, 'wounds from a friend can be trusted.' so i'm calling out to You for the ability to trust that things will work out. i need to believe that Your grace is sufficient, even for me. You are able to change things, and i am taking You at Your word. fill me with Your grace that i may be able to share it, instead of breathe vile fire. I've seen You prove Yourself time and time again in my life, and i know You won't let me down. i open myself up to You to break me; burn up the hurt, brokenness, and pride within me. the process of getting fine metals is not an easy one, yet i want to know Your kiln. i'm climbing back on your altar again, and asking for mercy. help me to be a gracious and loving mom, wife and friend.]

No comments: