Frugal

so i've been looking around the apartment for things i (we) could sell for a little extra cash. so far i've conned denise into buying my guitar for $75 and have listed my wedding dress on craigslist. i'm thinking of selling my beloved GPS, but i don't think i can out of it what it is worth to me. it's an ifinder PhD, worth about $175. so if you know anyone who might want a handheld GPS for a decent price, let me know.

i've been checking out different people's blogs regarding their frugal life-styles. some people take it a little to the extreme, but i don't see anything wrong in using our money in the most effecient way possible. for me, buying a sunday paper more than pays for itself each week. i use many of the coupons to save some cash for items we need, as you could see from my last shopping experience at cvs. don't get me wrong, i can definitely see where the $.50 coupon off of 3 boxes of cereal seem completely ridiculous, but did you know you can use 3 different $.50 coupons for the same 3 boxes of cereal? most people don't realize that. then you'll be saving $1.50 for the 3 boxes - this is how the coupons can save money. just a suggestion.

so i tried to take troy's truck for an oil change at my local auto repair shop, but there was a note on the door, 'Gone racin. Be back Monday.' gotta love small fix-it shops. guess the oil change will need to wait a day or two.

for a wedding gift troy and i received nascar race tickets to a great race in miami. last night troy found us some killer airline tickets so we are flying down there instead of driving - the tickets equal less than we'd be paying in gasoline. definitely makes the flight worthwhile. also, i'm looking forward to flying somewhere again. about every 6 months i like to take a little flight out of town.

i keep thinking of things to write, but now that i'm married - i feel like i shouldn't share the things troy and i talk about for all the world to read. guess there's a privacy line required for those interesting discussions. all i know is that troy has some super funny things he says, and he could probably say the same for me. I love being married to him.

what's up with insurance not covering the cost of birth control? i'm pretty excited cuz i found a coupon which takes $35 off my next prescription, but still at $65 a month for the pill, i'm nearly going broke. yet, hear me out, it's ALL worth it! it's so much less expensive than the alternative.

guess i'm rambling something terrible today.

1 comment:

Amanda Mae said...

You absolutely crack me up.