Andy Stanley: BIG

what am i praying for that's BIG - something which only God can accomplish? what am i working on that's BIG? what am i latching onto which will require God to move? what is something which i can say, 'If God don't, it won't'? those are some good questions.

if i had to answer something right now, i would say my brother's salvation. i've been praying for that since i was a little kid, but i'm committing this year to making it a daily prayer - one of those where i stand outside of God's house and be a constant appeal. what can i do to rescue my brother from the flames of hell... or from death/slaughter as proverbs 24 talks about? [prov. 24.11 Rescue those being led away to death; hold back those staggering toward slaughter.] when i was in africa, that verse started laying heavy on my heart, and it continues... i know there is great wisdom in the verse, and i want to know what it means. i desire to find out how to accomplish this verse, even if it means waking up at five am and staying up all hours of the night. let me weary myself on behalf of others that the truth of this verse may dwell deeply within me. [isa 43.22 Yet you have not called upon me, O Jacob, you have not wearied yourselves for me, O Israel.]

this year, i want to know God. i want to know what communicating with Him really means and how to do it most effectively. what is God's love language? can i ask Him for something and He does it for me... and am i trustworthy when He asks me to do something? this is deep challenge, yet right now i am feeling pumped to find out more. [my gracious Father, You've giving me everything, yet i want to ask you to come into my life. i refuse to remain the same this year. this year i am committing my time... let it be an acceptible gift. i am nothing with you, nor can i know anything about leading people from death without Your presence. Holy Spirit, come and reveal Your desires to me. i'm clinging to you to more. God, move or move me... i don't want to go where you don't want to dwell. lead me deep into You this year. open my heart, eyes and ears to trust You and follow hard after You. I'm completely in awe of the way this year has already begun. You are magnificent and i proclaim my dependance on You. in Christ's Name ~ Amen.]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Tanya,
Thanks for the prayer and your openess about such a desire. You certainly have led people to salvation I am sure. You are a light unto His path.
I am thankful to know you.
A prayer for your brother and all of mine. God hear our prayers for their salvation.Please let them know, follow and rely on you.Amen