international friends

oh the joys of being able to speak to people who represent different countries, and who speak differently than me. i love it! this morning i talked to some of my friends, 1 from switzerland, 2 from kenya, and 2 from tanzania. that's makes my day. earlier this week i called a frieind of mine (well, i guess she's really kimberly's friend, but i met here a couple of times so now she is my friend!) with the sole purpose of speaking to someone who had a foreign accent. frauke is from germany and has a great accent! my friends who are living in switzerland made fun of my funny american accent. i love it that we can all communicate - even if it is in english, with some swahili tossed into the mix. that's a beautiful thing!

you can check out denise's blog to find out what i will be doing today. she has been an interesting post regarding our day.

my cable and internet has been out for 3 days. the cable guy called this morning (saturday) about 9.45 and said he would be out to fix the problem. it's weird because i never scheduled an appointment because i was having scheduling issues because i cannot take any more time off of work this year. i had a call on thursday night that was confirming my appointment on friday morning for the cable guy to come and fix my issue. i cancelled the service call because i was not going to be home to sign my name on the ticket. i did not re-schedule because i needed to find someone to be out my house between 8-1 (which i mostly ridiculous!). yet, the cable guy came on saturday at a time when i was home. that is amazing to me. the Lord continues to amaze me at how He works. truly amazing.

No comments: