Christmas on the Brain

i.ve been asked if i am ready for Christmas about 6 times today. what does that questions mean? have i exceeded all my spending limits on 'meaningful' (a.k.a junk which no one really needs) gifts? am i ready to receive the Christ child into my life? am i ready for a day off from work so i can spend the day with someone else's family? i don't understand the question, and yet my answer always seems to be 'no'. very strange.

there are 2 americans who are thinking about going to do there dts at the kilimanjaro base. they are brave peeps, but they don't know it. jessica comes up with the great questions. matt hasn't asked me too much, but he's just ready to get there and start this journey. it will be great to follow their journeys... so please be praying for them as they prepare for their time in tanzania. (and say a little prayer for their families too!) i know for certain that your prayers and God's grace carried me thru those crazy days in TZ. (oh, i guess those two components continue to carry me thru my crazy life here in the States.)

so, i am thinking about making new year's resolutions... just so i can see at the end of 2008 how much i've accomplished. goals are not bad things... if i would've made a list for 2007, i wonder what would've been on it, since i knew i was going to TZ. i remember last year about this time... my heart and head were filled with thoughts of how TZ would be - how i would tell my boss and co-workers that i was leaving - planning a trip to sin city for shots - sending out letters, begging for support of every kind - emailing with charnelle from TZ and asking so many questions - seeing how God had arranged for that trip. it's just great to think about! i can't help but have a huge smile on my face when i recall all those moments... and how my co-workers continue to questions where i'm planning to go this year! i have GREAT co-workers. they are amazing!

speaking of co-workers - patsy (a.k.a. pantsy) came into my office and did a happy dance. i did the cabbage patch dance. all because a fellow co-worker filled out his credit card re-imbursement correctly. that's just how we roll around here.

No comments: