Pizza and Solitude

again i attended the english-speaking church in arusha. the service didn't seem as odd this week, tho it's still filled with mzungu. guess my heart was hungry for a clear Word and some worship and fellowship with some english speakers. anna and a carload of ladies were going to arusha, so i hitched a ride with them. we listed to darlene zschech from a tape. that's just funny to me!

during the drive, anna said, 'happy palm sunday to you.' i hadn't even thought about this being palm sunday - only one week until easter, and only 4 days of school this week. i'm looking forward to the break. now i need to decide what i'm going to do with my time off. i've been invited with several people to travel with them to their homes during the holiday, but most of them speak very broken english. then there's the idea that i could check into a hotel with hot showers, comfy beds and ice! but then i wouldn't get to experience an Africa Easter. so i'll keep you updated what i decide to do.

song sung in church today:
Hungry (Falling on my Knees)
Hungry, I come to you for I know you satisfy
I am empty, but I know Your love does not run dry
And so I wait for You so I wait for You

I'm falling on my knees
Offering all of me
Jesus, You're all this heart is living for

Broken, I run to You for Your arms are open wide
I am weary, but I know Your touch restores my life
And so I wait for You so I wait for You

i was reading cnn.com about what the Pope said regarding his palm sunday message:
He told them that to follow God they should have "innocent hands and pure hearts."

"Innocent hands are hands that are not used for acts of violence," he told them. "They are hands that are not sullied by corruption and bribes."

Hearts are pure when they are not "stained by lies and hypocrisy," he said. "A heart is pure when it is estranged from the intoxication of pleasure; a heart for whom love is true and not just the passion of a moment," he said.

for this holy week, i challenge you to take a look at this post over at Jeff's blog. my challenge is that each day you think about these questions. think how different your life can be? i'm committing to this challenge. i'll keep you updated what i find in my life which needs to change.

btw, i'm loving the internet so i can download some sermons from my friends over at 7:22.

No comments: