Being Sharp and Deepness of the Father's Love

today during my shower i was reminded of a couple of updates to the shower process which i forgot to add. first, when you go into the room marked 'bathroom, as opposed to the ones marked 'toilet', be sure to lock the door. secondly, be sure to hang your towel over the window so you won't have any on-lookers. third, during the scrubbing of your feet, while balancing on one leg, take off your opposite foot's flip-flop and scrub it with the brush, along with your foot. then put on the clean flip-flop and do the same with the other foot. this will be of much value later on.

i've always loved this verse: [Prov. 27.17 As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.] i've always had this idea that it's great to be sharp, to be quick to think, to look nice. during class today, my thinking was challenged, in a good way. what about the other qualities of being sharp - most sharp things are not good for children, to have a sharp tongue isn't good, etc. so now i'm thinking of the other side of 'sharp'. my eyes have been opened to a new understanding <- that's the understatement of the year, right there!

so i downloaded a cd yesterday. (do i have to admit that it took nearly 2 hours for the download to be completed? or should i admit that i wasn't bothered by that fact?) so, anyway, there's a song on the cd which is so amazing. (denise, get this: it's by sarah sadler and i like it! but i'm not a fan of hers, and her website bothers me, too.) the name is called: How Deep the Father's Love for Us. here are the lyrics:

How deep the Father's love for us
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure

How great the pain of searing loss
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the Chosen One
Bring many sons to glory

Behold the man upon a cross
My sin upon His shoulders
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice
Call out among the scoffers

It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished

I will nost boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection

Why should I gain from His reward
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom

i know that i've heard the song many times before, but for some reason, my heart is moved by that song. i've listened to it about 35 times today, and can't get enough of it, especially this line: 'Why should i gain from His reward? i cannot give an answer. But, this i know with all my heart, His wounds have paid my ransom.'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Tanya. I am going to bed now and will think of these lyrics. Been thinking about you a lot and how your experience has helped to define the edges of life here for us (who have all the luxuries of life). Thank you for helping to put our lives in perspective. Peace to you this day. Kevin