Sunshine

Likes:
°sunshine + warm weather
°flowers
°sleeping all through the night
°these shoes
°getting our passports back from the government
°close friends
°my husband
°accordions

This morning at 4.15 I was reading this verse:
[In love a throne will be established; in faithfulness a man will sit on it— one from the house of David— one who in judging seeks justice and speeds the cause of righteousness. isa. 16.5]
it made me think of this verse:
[For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. john 3.16]
and also these verses:
[Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 cor 13.4-7]
which makes me realize that there are areas on my life where i am not very loving. yet it is a very thin line between loving the sinner and hating the sin, and when to speak up against the sin in people's lives. if the sin is directly hurting me, do i have the right to say something? which draws me back to the original verse from isaiah about how Jesus in judging seeks justice and speeds the cause of righteousness. too often we simply live with sin in our lives because people don't push us to change. we need to be taught the difference, which leads to me this verse:
[They are to teach my people the difference between the holy and the common and show them how to distinguish between the unclean and the clean. eze. 44.23]
and this one, too:
[...through the law we become conscious of sin. rom. 3.20]
again i'm reminded of the importance of reading the Word and knowing what it says.
[How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word. psa. 119.9]
[Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. matt. 5.8]
[Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. phil. 4.8]
and that last verse from the apostle paul to the church at phillipi is the verse i'm really trying to focus on today. trying to keep my thoughts from focusing on what i don't have, how i'm struggling, who i should be but am not, what troy isn't doing that i think he should, or what he is doing which i don't approve of -- to thoughts about truth, nobility, righteousness, purity, love, and admirable things.

[Gracious Dad,
i'm reminded that it is the lenten season. during this time while you were walking on earth, you were struggling, too. about this time you were praying that if there were any way for Your cup to removed from You, You would appreciate it. yet, You also said, 'Yet not what I will, but what You will.' [mark 14.36] so i also, submit my will to Yours. the part about love protecting, trusting, hoping, and persevering [1 cor 13.7] hits deep into my soul. let that type of love infiltrate my tainted heart. remove from me this heart of stone and replace it with a heart of flesh [eze. 11.19].

i pray against any work of the enemy. i renounce any foothold he has place on troy or me. you've conquered the grave, and death hath lost its sting.
the words of martin luther:
And though this world, with devils filled, should threaten to undo us,
We will not fear, for God hath willed His truth to triumph through us:
The Prince of Darkness grim, we tremble not for him;
His rage we can endure, for lo, his doom is sure,
One little word shall fell him.
~amen.

a hymn of my youth:
  1. All to Jesus I surrender,
    All to Him I freely give;
    I will ever love and trust Him,
    In His presence daily live.

    • I surrender all,
      I surrender all.
      All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
      I surrender all.

  2. All to Jesus I surrender,
    Humbly at His feet I bow,
    Worldly pleasures all forsaken;
    Take me, Jesus, take me now.

  3. All to Jesus I surrender,
    Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
    Let me feel Thy Holy Spirit,
    Truly know that Thou art mine.

  4. All to Jesus I surrender,
    Lord, I give myself to Thee;
    Fill me with Thy love and power,
    Let Thy blessing fall on me.

  5. All to Jesus I surrender,
    Now I feel the sacred flame.
    Oh, the joy of full salvation!
    Glory, glory to His name!

No comments: