Lingering and Storms

Surfers amaze me. It amazes me that some one would risk their life to ride in a wave all for pleasure. i'm mostly jealous that I have not tried surfing. that is on my bucket list - to try my hand at surfing. i love watching the surfing competitions which are held in Hawaii. it's just a matter of time before a poor surfer doesn't get out of the big kahuna wave, and his/her body is toss at sea.

i'm kinda feeling like a surfer. the waves are perfect for a great ride. it's a matter of timing and skill. my board is waxed and it's eager for an exhilarating ride. i'm ready (or i think am anyway). i do not know the outcome, because there is always risk of not catching the wave at the right time. yet there is a chance, a very good chance, that the outcome will be life-changing. that i will speak of this ride for the the rest of my life. this could be the big kahuna which changes my life (and the lives of others).

I can hear Jesus beckoning me to take heart, actively wait, get on my knees, and expect much. even now i'm filled with enthusiasm.
[For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay. Hab. 2.3]

Excerpt from today's My Utmost of His Highest:
Watch for the storms of God. The only way God plants His saints is through the whirlwind of His storms. Will you be proven to be an empty pod with no seed inside? That will depend on whether or not you are actually living in the light of the vision you have seen. Let God send you out through His storm, and don't go until He does. If you select your own spot to be planted, you will prove yourself to be an unproductive, empty pod. However, if you allow God to plant you, you will "bear much fruit" ( John 15:8  ).

This post goes out to my uncle, colin, who has been nicknamed the 'big kahuna'.
random things about colin:
*he makes killer lasagna and french silk pie (which my husband has stole the recipe)
*colin is married to marla and they have 2 kids, tatia and jonny
*colin and marla took me to see a ventriloquist when i was about 4ish. the ventriloquist gave an altar call to accept Christ, and i remember praying for forgiveness. yet i credit the time at church camp when i was 11 when I truly gave my life to Jesus.
*colin and marla had a dog names Spot
*colin teaches at baltic high school in south dakota


No comments: