Characteristics

i've fallen off the bandwagon of journaling, but i'm getting back in the wagon. that's my confession for the day. when my life is good, i fall off. when life feels tense, i climb aboard. it's been way too long. after the last couple of days of devouring my bible, searching for a peace which only comes from surrendering to God's sovereignty - i think i'm finally coming back to the basics of life.

so this is my focused prayer:

[Rom 15.5-6 + 13] May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
endurance, encouragement, hope, spirit of unity, joy, peace, and trust. these are the things i'm praying my marriage will be filled with. these are the qualities i want to mark my life. i want others to see these characteristic in me. i want our kids and my husband to know that i long to radiate these Christ-like characteristics.

[my God, i call out to You for help. You know what i need, and i'm learning what pleases you. i'm calling out for You to help me radiate these qualities: endurance, encouragement, hope, spirit of unity, joy, peace, and trust. I've seen them all displayed in the ways You care for me; now i want to return the favor. Your favor is such an awesome blessing. in Your Name, i bind sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. come, Holy Spirit, and fill our hearts. Amina.]

No comments: