Daily Challenge #31

Sweet spot.

What do you think about when you hear those two words?

What's your sweet spot?

Some of us will be thinking about candy and chocolate. Some of us will be thinking about sports. Some of us will be thinking about relationships. Some of us may be thinking of a place where life feels perfect. Some of us will be thinking of something which makes us feel exhilarating.

How does your sweet spot feel? What emotions does it arouse within you? Do you get any satisfaction from even thinking about it? What reward to you get from your sweet spot? Could any of your friends or family name what your sweet spot is or do you keep it a secret? If found out, would you be humiliated? Is your sweet spot God-honoring or not?

Each of us has a different sweet spot.

So what is the challenge? The challenge is to share with someone what your sweet spot is. Then ask that person what their sweet spot is. You may be surprised at the answer.

When I hear the words "sweet spot" I think about this:

There's a place in South Dakota where I used to go when I was in high school. It's a cemetery on a hill near a large curve on a road overlooking a valley. I've been thinking about that place a bunch lately. I remember going up on that hill and pouring out my heart to God. He seemed to hear me there, and it seemed as though my heart was always mended after those moments up on that hill. I felt relief and freedom when I would go there. There was something magical (and mystical) about sitting among the dead while speaking with the Giver of life in that cemetery.  For the record, no one knew how much time I spent on that hill, nor would anyone guess that is one of my sweet spots. Guess the secret is out.

If you want to stop receiving these Daily Challenges, please reply with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

View all the Daily Challenges at http://beautifuladventure.blogspot.com.

No comments: