Daily Challenge #30

Another beautiful day is upon us. 


As I sit here, staring out the office window, I'm reminded how fortunate I am to be American. Hot water every day. Internet that works. Power that stays on. Nearly everyone has a vehicle. Clean water. Medicine and medical technology to lengthen life and take away pain. Fire trucks. Trash service. Cell phones. Educational systems which provide knowledge. Freedom to worship without fear punishment. Coke. Peanut butter with honey. Trader Joe's.  Ok, so now I'm daydreaming.

Anyway, what things in your life do you appreciate? What could you not live without?

After my 6 months in Tanzania, I discovered that there was very little which I could not live without. But there was one thing: I needed to able to communicate with people. I was forced to learn Swahili so that I could express myself. Without being about to communicate, I was dying.

Carson, our youngest son, is now 2. It's really hard for me to understand him. Most of the time I have no clue what the little guy is saying. I'm praying hard over him to speak clearly. I want so desperately to understand what he has to say. This is how my friends in Tanzania felt. They desperately wanted to know what I was all about, but we we couldn't communicate. One or both of us had to change, otherwise we would always struggle in our relationship.

The great thing about Carson is that he talks all the time, and I love that he doesn't get discouraged. He just keeps trying and trying to get me to understand what he's saying. I believe that he will speak clearly one day, and we won't struggle the way we do right now to communicate. What a glorious day that will be, because I can't wait to hear all the stories he will have to tell. It's going to be amazing!

So what things in your life do you most cherish?
What could you not live without?
Who might you be struggling to communicate with?
Is there anyone in your life who you need to pray for lines of communication to be opened?




If you would like to unsubscribe, please reply to this email with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

You can view all the daily challenges here

No comments: