Daily Challenge #8

Happy New Year!
 
Every year about this time my seasonal affective disorder (SAD) kicks my butt. I've struggled with it since I was a little kid. These are some of the symptoms:
Less energy and ability to concentrate in the afternoon
Loss of interest in work or other activities
Slow, sluggish, lethargic movement
Social withdrawal
Unhappiness and irritability
The only thing which seems to help is escaping to somewhere warm and sunny. It's an automatic cure. So this last Friday,  Troy and I went on a little adventure to Florida. Hanging out with our friends was awesome. Seeing the ocean, walking through the sand, and picking up shells was a pleasant treat. It was good for me, but unfortunately coming back to 17° temperatures places a little damper on it the fix. So here I am back in Atlanta, about to embark on another blissful day at work.
 
So what should the challenge for today be?
 
Write down 10 things which make you smile.
 
My list:
Sunshine
Adventures
Making new friends
A good roadtrip
Someone to share an adventure with
Cheerwine
Laughter
A hope for the future
Heat
Hot water

No comments: