Daily Challenge #7

Another day is upon us.
 
Our pastors was preaching on John Wesley. John Wesley is the founder of the Methodist denomination. John met with a group of buddies each week to discuss life. The following are questions these men would ask each other on a weekly basis.
 

Am I consciously or unconsciously creating the impression that I am better than I really am? In other words, am I a hypocrite?

 

Do I confidentially pass on to others what has been said to me in confidence?

 

Can I be trusted?

 

Am I a slave to dress, friends, work or habits?

 

Am I self-conscious, self-pitying, or self-justifying?

 

Did the Bible live in me today?

 

Do I give the Bible time to speak to me every day?

 

Am I enjoying prayer?

 

When did I last speak to someone else of my faith?

 

Do I pray about the money I spend?

 

Do I get to bed on time and get up on time?

 

Do I disobey God in anything?

 

Do I insist upon doing something about which my conscience is uneasy?

 

Am I defeated in any part of my life?

 

Am I jealous, impure, critical, irritable, touchy or distrustful?

 

How do I spend my spare time?

 

Am I proud?

 

Do I thank God that I am not as other people, especially as the Pharisees who despised the publican?

 

Is there anyone whom I fear, dislike, disown, criticize, hold resentment toward or disregard? If so, what am I doing about it?

 

Do I grumble or complain constantly?

 

Is Christ real to me?

 
So for the Daily Challenge #7, we each need to write down 5 of the questions in our journals and answer them honestly. I'll answer two, but keep the other 3 for myself.
 
Am I jealous, impure, critical, irritable, touchy or distrustful? yes.
Am I defeated in any part of my life?  yes.
 
The Lord, Troy &  I are working on these together. I'm grateful for a husband who can shoulder my foolishness.
 
-tanya

No comments: