gifts

This morning as i was leaving our apartment, the staff for the complex was handing out breakfast on the go bags near the entrance gate. In the grab bag was a banana, an apple, a honey bun, and a juice box. so far all ive eaten is the banana, but getting a little gift early in the morning was a cool surprise. Ok, so im the lame one who really appreciates breakfast on the go. Another nice surprise was a little note left for me by my husband near the coffee pot. Troy is great about leaving notes and goofy drawings.

A year ago troy and i were getting geared up for our wedding. Crazy how quickly the time has flown by! I remember lacey trying to go over all the last minute details, trying to get me to do things which she ended up taking care of, like purchasing the sweet ties for all the guys. I laugh thinking about my parents, trying to organize the south dakota details. Its pretty crazy trying to plan a wedding 1200 miles from where youre living. And yet with all that being said, the wedding was great, and at the end of the day, troy and i were married with our parents blessing. Even tho i kid troy about how i wouldve wanted a different wedding with all the friends and family at the beach, our wedding was just lovely! 10 year anniversary definitely going to some beach, some where even if that means a mission trip to Bali! Who knows, maybe well be missionaries on a beach in 10 years!

I love that troy and i are spending our first anniversary on a mission trip, helping people in a foreign country.  That delights me. Im grateful that God has blessed me with a wonderful husband who is willing to travel to a foreign country to spend 9 days working his butt off. Thats love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can't believe it's been a year already. time flies by.