Ponderings

last night i pulled out some of my old notebooks from 10 years ago. i was living in brookings, sd, working too much, and living life as a 22 year old. on the opening pages of the notebook, i had written questions - simple open ended questions which still linger to this day. troy and i took about thirty minutes last night wading thru some of them. it was really good for me to hear what his answers were. some of the answer i could guess, but some he really surprised me. those moments troy and i shared answering and discussing those questions were definitely the highlight of my day.

i can't remember all the questions, but here's a few which i remember.
  • what are you desiring?
  • what would satisfy you?
  • what are your anxieties?
  • what's next?
  • what are you feeling?
  • who matters?
  • who's feelings matter to you?
  • what does it mean 'to be lost'?
  • what season is your soul?
that's a short list, but those questions created some wonderful conversation between troy and me. speaking of troy, i cannot speak highly enough of him. troy has this amazing ability to create a safe place for me to share what's going on in my heart. i'm an over-analyzer of everything, so it is great to have someone to bounce thoughts off of. troy definitely allows me to do that. he's grounded, steady, and committed to our relationship. he's passionate about helping others. he's very generous with what God has given him. my heart truly overflows with gratitude to my heavenly Father for bringing troy into my life. God continues to use troy to teach me lessons on faith, love and seeing past the hurts of life.

ok switching subjects, found this singer. he's part of caedmon's call writing team.

song of the day: there's only one by caedmon's call.

mood for today: anticipation

verses for today: 'we wait in hope for the Lord; He is our help and our shield. In Him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in His holy name. May Your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord, even as we put our hope in You.' [Ps. 33.20-22]

feeling: hopeful

thankful for: sunshine

praying about: romania trip and our kiddos

likes: my new plant, felix

dislikes: filing

No comments: