shout out

i'm giving a big shout out to denise and steven. today is their 10th anniversary, and i'm so proud of them.

when i was 25 i was going thru a 'quarter life' crisis. i was living in south dakota, working 3 jobs, and pretty much unhappy with the way my life was going. i didn't really have any direction at the time. oh, and i was playing on 2 softball teams - one church league and one women's league.

in the summer of 2001 i decided to take a little vacation by myself. i got in my car and started driving. i had friends all over the usa and wanted to see all of them. so first i drove to atlanta to meet with denise and steven. denise's mom, cheryl, was in town visiting for a few days when i arrived. so we had a great time for 2 days, playing cards and hanging out by the pool. from that visit, denise invited me to live with her and steven. so in october of 2001, my dad and mom helped me to move to georgia.

the day before i got into town, denise and steven had to move into a 2 bedroom apartment so there would be enough room for all of us. so we all moved in together. that's just one example of how generous of people they both are. they both would give everything they have to help out a friend in need. i lived with them until i moved to africa last february. i think we moved about every year - from woodstock to marietta to the black diamond to jasper.

we had some of the best times of my life together. i can't say 'thanks' enough for all they've done for me. they've truly been used by God to shape my life for the better. i am a better person because they've given me a helping hand when i needed it the most. it was a wonderful honor for me to have both of them in our wedding party for our big day. their prayers have availed much in my life.

denise and steven - congrats, and i love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for making me cry.