One Year

one year ago today denise, shottie and juanita were taking me to the airport. wow. what a year. it has been a beautiful adventure - no doubt. my heart is full of so many different feelings - from the thoughts of missing my african friends to my newfound love of troy. from God challenging me to depend on Him for everything from safety to toilet paper, to accepting this wonderful man who has promised to love me forever. from the empty feeling i felt when i walked away from my friends at the airport a year ago to knowing those friends continue to support me thru this new adventure in my life. from being so full of anticipation of landing in tanzania to knowing this anticipation of jumping into marriage. what a difference a year can make.

i'm listening to love busters on cd. it's part of my assignment for our pre-marital counseling. this is what i am currently memorizing: policy of joint agreement: never do anything without an enthusiastic agreement between you and your spouse. do this in order to have a happy and fulfilling marriage. seem like the verse that says: [Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Phil. 2.3] perhaps that would be a good verse to have in our wedding ceremony.

No comments: