Moving Forward

Verse of the Week: 'And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.' (2 cor. 9.8) though i want to grasp how deep, long, wide and high this grace extends... i can't. i can't seem to get my mind around it; i don't understand it. (tho i understand these lyrics). but even tho i don't understand it, i'm living it. and this is what is so amazing!

'The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.' (james 5.16) i must have some righteously prayerful friends. =) perhaps i'm making up words, but 'righteously' seems like a perfect word. it's as tho i'm being carried with the prayers... in the same way incense is lifted upward. that's how i feel. thanks for your prayers, my faithful friends.

crazy happening: i'm flying to las vegas to get my shots/vaccinations tomorrow. this opportunity arose last friday, offering a very cheap fare and a way to get my shots for a hugely discounted cost. plus a brief vacation - and i get to spend time w/ a fellow DTS-er in LV. perhaps i could label this trip 'a blessing from heaven'. or maybe 'evidences of His grace.' either way, i'm grateful for the experience!

the announcement was made at my local church on sunday about this trip. i'm praying for people to raise up and be prayerful for me, and perhaps offer some financial support. i'm saying that i have 50% of my financial support already. I'm not sure how God is going to come up with the rest, but i don't doubt that He will.

tomorrow morning i have opportunity to give a testimony of how God is moving in my life. it should be great! i love small groups of women, and my friend, tricia, always has a way of drawing the best out of me.

"My Lord, I have mistreated You all my Christian life. I have treated You like a servant .... I shall do so no more. Just now I give You this body of mine, from my head to my feet. I give You my hands, my limbs, my eyes and lips, my brian; all that I am within and without, I hand over to You for You to live in it the life that You please. You may send this body to Africa, or lay it on a bed with cancer .... It is Your body from this moment on. Help yourself to it ...." -walter l. wilson
loved this prayer from Tiffany's blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well bummer! i just typed out a whole message for ya, and then it got erased! oh well - take 2!
just wanted to let you know that I am so excited about your "Beautiful Adventure"! I am blown away by your zeal and passion to spread the good news of our Savior! i am enjoying keeping up with you through your blog, and i will be praying for you as you jet across the ocean for the kingdom! keep me posted! are you going to be able to keep up this blog once you're there? i hope so!
my the Lord bless you and keep you, and may he make his face to shine upon you!

Anonymous said...

you get it with your head, but not your heart.