Daily Challenge #23

Good morning,

Time for another daily challenge. (Well, these are getting to be weekly challenges because I've been a slacker!)

Think about influences in your life. Who has made the biggest impact in shaping who you are? What experiences have paved the way to your career? What do you do that your parents did? I have to laugh because I speak different living in the south versus living in S. Dakota. Yet, when I get on the phone with my relatives from S. Dakota, my funny little accent comes right back. When I speak with my friends from Tanzania, I sound like a British chick.

There were several missionaries who spoke a various churches who helped to shape who I am. They probably will never know, but they made a big impact on me. One missionary lady is named Ida Marie. She was a missionary in Tanzania for most of her life. She spoke Kiswahili. 

My parents always made time for me to talk with them. I try to instill that into our boys. We also ate together nearly every night, and I still try to do that with our kids.

So who or what has influenced you?

In you want to unsubcribe to these email, please reply with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: