Daily Challenge #21

Spring has sprung.

Get outside. Take an extra dose of Benadryl, grab your jacket and find something to do outside. This is a good time of year to visit a new park. Maybe you could even plan a camping trip. This morning's temp is 38° here in Woodstock, GA, so it's brisk here.

On the way into work this morning, my little van decided to take a detour to a local convenient store. I'm trying to be intentional about becoming friends with a lady who works at this store. Her name is Olga. Unfortunately Olga wasn't at work this today. Perhaps it was her day off, who knows? While I was checking out the nearly infinite selection of cold drinks, a man stepped out of the bathroom next to me. He obviously hadn't showered in days, clothes were tarnished, hair  was everywhere, wreaked of body odor. All that I could handle, but what caught me off guard was the sadness which spilled from his eyes. I said 'good morning' to him and went on my way, perusing the drink coolers. After my delay, I settled on a Sobe Pina Colada. (If you know me, you know that I don't always go for the same drink. I need variety in my life.) After checking out, this man and I happened to be leaving the joint at the same time. By divine chance, I  glaced down on the ground to find a penny. After picking it up, I handed it to Mr. Smelly. He didn't want to take it, but I mentioned to him that it just might bring him good luck. He graciously accepted the minuscule gift, gave me an ear-to-ear grin, and we both parted ways.

No comments: