sufficiency of grace

[But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Cor. 12.9-10]

i'm ready to strangle someone. that's not a threat to anyone, just a statement. (and i wouldn't invoke physical harm, anyway.) this particular person has said words which are directly hurting some people who i love. it feels unjust. it's emotional abuse of the innocent. this is where i get fired up. this is the point where my skin crawls, my emotions run high, and my prayers are forceful. children soldiers and sexual explotation of children are two areas in my heart where i don't possess much grace for offenders. another area is laying on unnecessary guilt or discouraging kids to grow up. i don't like the phrase 'stupid people shouldn't breed,' but that thought has crossed my mind several times over the last few days.

i'm in a ranting mood today. so i should just close the email right here.

good God,
please come close to me now cuz i need You.
amen.


No comments: