Stuff

my friend, laura, has upped her blogging skills.

i have a heart for this ministry, Stepping Forward - Romania.

there’s nothing like walking in the door after work, and your husband has finished the laundry. that’s love. again, i cannot brag enough on Troy. What a studmuffin.

Michael is going on a youth trip with grandma wallis this weekend. he’s pretty psyched about it. he’s also turning 12 on friday, so that will be an amazing b-day party in tennessee.

I’m looking forward to having Alex this weekend. often Michael tends to talk for Alex when they are together, so i’m looking forward to hearing what Alex has to say. i’m sure we’ll get some good lego time in.

kimberly has me memorizing some verses:

[I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. 26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. Ezekiel 36.25-27]

i love having friends who challenge me to be a better person – like being forced fed. they refuse to allow me to wallow in my self-pity or depression.

i can feel that God is doing something big in Troy and my relationship, and even tho it feels painful right now, i know it will lead to something worthwhile and awesome. Troy and i are both praying for wisdom and direction.

i enjoy Caedmon’s Call – Share the Well cd. there’s a song called The Roses. these are the lyrics which tug at my heart – it’s about a person who has returned from a mission trip:

[I’m back at home, all alone, and trying to find my thoughts,

about that old man, so inspiring, but the TV’s always on,

and the phone, it won’t stop ringing, and these bills they keep on screaming

to pay for all the things that we have never really needed,

and I wonder what he’s doing right now,

maybe walking through his simple field and thinking about how

God has blessed him so,

a man, his bride, his children and his roses.]

1 comment:

Amanda Mae said...

A few things:

1. Every time I read your blog it makes me want to give you a hug.
2. It still weirds me out that you are married. Not in a bad way. But it is still unusual to me. I'm guessing because the last time I saw you on a regular basis was before you went to Africa. And on that note:
3. We should get coffee sometime, because I basically have no Idea what is going on in your life.