Christmas, Basketball, and Racing

what's the deal with people putting up their Christmas decorations so early? some neighbors in our apartment complex have had their tree on the balcony for over 2 weeks now. can't we just be thankful for a while before we get all wrapped up in gifts, trees, etc.? yet i can't deny that i've been buying a few gifts here and there. thinking of what i can make some people for Christmas. might need to get my nose outta my books for a few days and get creative. had i mentioned that i married mr. creativity?

 

last tuesday night i went to a college basketball game at reinhardt college. it brought back so many memories of when i played b-ball. the school i went to, Nebraska Christian College, was smaller than reinhardt. i was majoring in missiology. my heart was set on being a missionary i listened to people when the told me that i needed to be educated in order to be an effective missionary. it’s a lie. i wish i would’ve jumped right into a program like YWAM instead of wasting time. when i look back now, i see that God had other plans for me, or He altered his original plans because i didn’t follow what He had intended for me. not sure how that all works.

 

it’s crazy to look back on life, and see where i’ve come from. i can honestly say that my thirties have been the best days of my life. started out raising support for my six month adventure in Tanzania. financial support started coming instantly and i was completely overwhelmed by the response. then february came around and it was off Kilimanjaro. that six months in Tanzania  resounds through my life everyday. in my mind, i still translate words into swahili. my emphasis on ‘stuff’ is nearly non-existent. Troy talks about wanting this and that, and i don’t have the same wants. (this is something we are working together.) troy and i met because of our interest in missions. he had been on a mission trip to Brazil, and i had this blog about my adventures in Tanzania. that was the basis for our first discussion in an email. i can hardly believe that it’s been nearly a year since he first emailed me. now we are over six months into our beautiful marriage.

 

last weekend we were in miami for the final nascar race of the season. had a great time cherishing the time away from the normal routine, sleeping in hotels, staying with friends, enjoying good company, and watching some racing. its was great to have the break. i have to admit that i love showing troy off. he’s like a wonderful prize that i love to introduce to my friends. it’s great. troy got along with florida friends just lovely. then again, how can you not love troy?

 

 

 

No comments: