Let Freedom Ring

again i've escaped from the clutches of outreach in order to check email, catch up on the lastest news, enjoy some kuku na chips (chicken and french fries!), etc. outreach is going really well, and i'm meeting some very interesting people. most of these people want me to sponspor them in some one, either by offering school fees or airlines tickets to america. it's all very interesting. went to a local family's house yesterday afternoon - loved my visit. the father speaks perfect english and he works as a builder in this area. enjoyed some good food of rice, boiled beef and some fruits. oh, and they gave me a can of redbull too. just for kicks, i think. it was my first taste of redbull, and actually it was pretty good. we shared some great conversations. again, i would not have had that opportunity, but this girl walks up to me on saturday, and asks me to be her friend. i told her to come to the house where we are staying and we can talk more. so she showed up yesterday, and then we traveled to her house which is about 2 miles from where we are staying. this is the type of things that happens to me. i'm always going somewhere and enjoying some great locals.

i'm trying to think of more things to write, but my mind is slow today. just enjoying freedom.

oh freedom, this will be my first 4th of july not on american soil. guess i shouldn't expect any fireworks or celebrations. i'll miss sitting in the cemetary with my church family. please know that my heart will be with you, enjoying the brighness of the moon instead of the bursting of color. know that i'll be saying, 'oooh, ahhhhh', as i look to the moon on the same night, just 7 hours earlier. :)

one day i was walking past a bar in marangu and that song, 'let freedom ring' by martina mcbride was playing on the radio... i couldn't help but smile and remember how much freedom we, americans, have. we truly are blessed in everyway. i will be enjoying my freedom perhaps more, simply because i now know that it is a beautiful thing to live in a free and blessed country.

may your 4th be filled with rememberance of how free you are - free to drive to the store to get groceries with the money you have in your bank account. free to sleep in peace and security - not having to listen to islamic chants. freedom to accept the love of Christ which is poured out thru the grace of His hand. freedom to seek truth and not be questioned. oh so many other freedoms.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Great to hear from you again!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tanya,
I'm so glad for the positive things that you are experiencing now. I can tell you are more excited about this trip than the first one. You are always in my prayers. I can see how anyone can walk up to you and ask to be your friend. You have that look. We cannot wait until you are back with us (being selfish) and we can enjoy having you here. Yes, I hope we have a great appreciation for our freedom!
Happy 4th! Love & Prayers!
Patsy C.