Playlist

for my fellow technology savy friends, this is my current playlist for my mp3 player. the song that has jumped out most this week is, 'He's always been faithful' by sara groves. here are the lyrics:

Morning by morning I wake up to find
the power and comfort of God's hand in mine.
Season by season I watch him amazed,
in awe of the mystery of his perfect ways

CHORUS:
All I have need of his hand will provide.
He's always been faithful to me

I can't remember a trial or a pain he did
not recycle to bring me gain. I can't
remember one single regret in serving
God only and trusting his hand

This is my anthem, this is my song,
the theme of the stories I've heard for so long.
God has been faithful, he will be again.
His loving compassion, it knows no end.

during outreach the 2 songs that i nearly wore out were, 'i will lift my eyes' and 'let me sing'.

my mp3 player has become one of my most treasured possessions. it was used to lull me to sleep over the top of the drumming and boisterous islamic chants. seldom do we sing any songs in english, so it's the source of fill for my longing to hear english being spoken. somedays it's my get-away from the reality of the difficulties of life. somedays it's my prayers. somedays it's my counselor. somedays it's my connections to my friends and family. somedays it's the nourishment for my soul. so i can't thank my parents enough for that great gift!

what songs are on your current playlist or what songs are running thru your heart?

2 comments:

TonyB said...

You stumbled on my blog and I returned the stumble. Sara Grove does move me into a place of peace when the drums of culture are beating loudly outside my window in California. I am planted on an oldie right now, "I am the God That Healeth Thee." I will be praying for your adventure as well. Keep in touch.

Lindsay said...

It's funny that you made this post. I recently blogged about the new Hillsong United song, Solution. It just won't leave me along. It has gotten into my mind and heart and keeps playing all the time. (I don't even need a MP3 player!!) It is amazing how God uses music in so many ways in our lives. It is amazing to me that you and are listening to the same songs and praising the same God half way across the world from each other.

I am praying for you and the adventure. I have loved reading all about it, it's kind of like a book that never ends. I have imagined all of the glory of your surroundings in my mind. I am so grateful that you can share this experience with us.

I love you friend!