Daily Challenge #34

What do others do for you that speaks clearly, "I love you"?

This is what Troy and I have been figuring out for each other. Troy does many things around the house, but that doesn't really express to me that he loves me. And I do things for him, but the message gets lost in the busyness of life. His "love language" is different than mine. Partly this comes from that fact that he's a guy and I'm a chick, but even then, we are very different.

When he helps out with the kids, that really helps me to know that he cares about the kids, and frees up some time for me to do other things. Parenting on the same page speaks clearly the Troy loves me and cares for me. (Crazy how love can be communicated!)

So what speaks "I love you" to you?

Your challenge is to make a list of these items. Troy was given a list of 61 items. If he could do one of these items every day, then he would be set for 2 months. Some are pretty hard to accomplish, but others would take very little effort. Some of the items he definitely would score lots of brownie points if he would do than more often!

Share the list with your friends, spouse, kids, anyone. It may benefit someone to know how you feel loved the most.

For me, I like to spend time with people - one on one communication. Anything we can do together, that's the key for me.

No comments: