Daily Challenge #5

Good morning,

Are you ready for another Daily Challenge?

As Christmas approaches, our church always focuses outside of our church walls to see where there is need in the world. And since my passions involves world missions, I wanted you to join me a little challenge to make a difference in the lives of those outside of America.

I'm inviting for you to adopt a country for a week.  I want for you to investigate the needs of whatever country you choose. Google the country to see what news has happened there recently. Look up what the houses look like in this country. Find pictures of the people of this country - get to know them. Find out where the kids go to school.  Look up who a missionary is in this country. Email the missionary - send them a word of encouragement.
 
This is the real challenge: to pray. Pray for the country's leaders. Pray for the Spirit of the Lord to release His liberty and salvation over this country. Pray for the Christians in this country to stand up for Christ. Pray for the missionaries to be guarded against the devil's schemes. Pray for the children to be protected from sexual explotation.
 
Here's a great resource to help with this:
This link is a website which allows people to pray each day for a different country around the world. It offers information about each country and various needs of Christians in those countries.
 
I'm choosing the country of Azerbaijan, which sits in between Russia and Iran. When I was in high school, I was signed up to go on a mission trip to Azerbaijan, but it was canceled due to the political unrest in the country. I still would love to visit there, to see what the people in the capitol of Baku eat, what their homes look like, where the kids go to school, how they respond to wealth or poverty, etc.
 
I would love to hear which country you have chosen to adopt for the week.
 
-tanya
 
 

No comments: