Song of Accent

God is telling me something. I'm beginning to get it. When I logged into Sara Groves website yesterday, I found this post. It's talking about a book from Eugene Peterson called, 'A Long Obedience in the Same Direction.'. It is a teaching from the psalms 120 - 134. You can see an excerpt here. Today I was reminded of a song from Charlie Hall. It's called 'Closer' by Charlie Hall. It's a very simple song, yet powerful.

Beautiful are the words spoken to me
Beautiful is the one who speaking (2x)

CHORUS:
Come in close, come in close and speak
Come in close, come closer to me

Beautiful are the words spoken to me
Beautiful is the one who speaking
(Chorus)

BRIDGE:
The power of your words are filled with grace and mercy
Let them fall on my ears and break my stony heart
(Chorus)

After finding the song on youtube, i decided to check out charlie hall's website. In the video on the frontpage, Charlie discusses writing about the songs of accent. So now I'm getting it. Got wants me to dig into these Psalms. So beginning today, I'm opening my bible and starting at Psalm 120.

And i want to buy the book and the new CD. I'm learning how to walk thru the difficulties and walk towards God... yet still reach out to people while I feel crushed.... ascending toward God... my journey... a long obedience in the same direction.

No comments: